Now and then you’ll have to write a biography to go along wth an article, book, or something else you publish. It’s tough to figure out what you want to say about yourself in just a few lines. Of course, you consider what you want to share with the faceless masses as well as what information will show you in the best light. You want to make yourself look like an authority on the subject of your article.
The following is something I almost deleted without re-reading tonight. It’s in the stacks of ancient webmail from the years I wrote a newsletter about ASCII art for a website called WZ.com. The site is long gone and I don’t think anyone will mind sharing the information which was once shared with me. Thanks to Sissi Haner, wherever you are. Hope you’re writing and doing great.
Not only do we want to know who you are, your visitors do, too. They’ll be looking for the person behind their interests. A bio that’s interesting and catchy will help you to develop loyalty and a personal touch with your subscribers.
To help you develop your bio, I’ve included a short list of questions, in interview format, below. Answer the ones you think are appropriate, and make sure you include some info on the different Realms you cover.
Oh, and be sure to compile all of the answers to the questions into one flowing bio rather than submitting nine separate answers to me.
Pay special attention to question #9 —
1. You’re about to be interviewed by Charlie Rose. In ten seconds or less, how does he introduce you?
2. When did you get interested in your topic? How long ago, how old were you?
3. Was there something going on that led you to it, or were you naturally attracted to it for some reason?
4. What about it grabbed you? What do you find most interesting or appealing about it?
5. What’s your favorite story about your hobby or interest?
6. What unusual things have you done in pursuit of it?
7. How have these things led to your becoming an expert in your area of interest?
8. How has it affected your life, or the lives of others?
9. How will being a WZ-ard help you share this with others? How do you hope to affect the lives of your subscribers?
Sissi concluded by telling everyone not to forget to add links to their newsletters. You should do the same, include any relevant URLs you’d like to promote to your readers.