For Thursday Thirteen – Thirteen things I could write about personal blogging and blogs for the . Kind of nice to make a list even if I never remember to check it.
1. Clutter and decluttering a blog. Three columns blog or 3 column footer.
2. Keeping true to your own voice. Writing for yourself instead of putting on a show.
3. Online journaling. Release your passions, upsets and strange ideas.
4. Making a site on MySpace, Vox and other offbeat or lesser known blog-type places.
5. Simple HTML and CSS tricks.
6. Personal blog security, passwords, backing up your blog and so on.
7. Writing when no one is listening. How to keep writing when you feel like you’re just talking to yourself.
8. How to add illustrations to your blog even if you can’t draw. Photo hosting services links included.
9. Should you use word verification or just comment moderation.
10. Elements of a good layout and design.
11. Joining groups to match your interests.
12. Using the background file to change the look of your whole blog, easily.
13. Spelling counts. Spellcheck, free and easy to use online.