This came from an email list I just joined, Online Diaries.
The Diary Survey
1. What is your current online diary’s URL? (Please provide a link to your diary!)
2. When did you first start a diary, and why? What did you write about at first? How long have you kept diaries, and was that consistently or just here and there?
3. Whether your first diary was electric or paper, do you still have it?
4. Do you read your old diaries? What do you think or feel when you read your really old entries?
5. What type of writing do you mostly do now? (examples: 1- talk about what happened to me recently, 2- talk about things I think about, 3- talk about relationships, 4- write down dreams, my art, or any other creative thing, 5- complain, 6- write down quotes and interesting things I find such as in the newspaper).
6. What is more important, the style of the diary or the actual content, and why? What do you like to see in a diary?
7. Do you edit your entries or do you just let loose and don’t look back?
8. What are your pet peeves about diaries, such as things that bug you that you notice other people do with their diaries. What bothers you the most about what you tend to do in your diary?
9. Is your diary anonymous? Why or why not? Do any of your friends or family read your stuff and does that influence what you write about or how you express yourself?
10. What does keeping a diary do for you? Why do you think that you like it?