I thought I should write about keyboard shortcuts. I’m surprised people don’t know them. Even simple things like using your keyboard for cut and paste functions.
Your computer mouse will work for most things you can do with the keyboard. Maybe the keyboard shortcuts will never be anything but extra knowledge or a backup plan for you… but, maybe knowing a simple keyboard shortcut will turn out to be a great thing.
Browser shortcuts save you time while you are looking at websites. Using the shortcuts on your keyboard can be simpler than right clicking the mouse, you don’t need to be as precise. Also, on sites which disable right clicks you can still use the keyboard shortcut to open new links or copy text.
These are the shortcuts I use most often. (Don’t type in the first ‘+’ it just means ‘and’ in this case).
Browser Shortcuts: Resources
- Web Browser Guide: Button, Keyboard, and Mouse Shortcuts | The Blog Herald | The Blog Herald
- 10 + Essential Web Browsing Shortcuts
- Windows keyboard shortcuts – Google Chrome Help
- Keyboard shortcuts – Perform common Firefox tasks quickly | How to | Firefox Help
- Table of keyboard shortcuts – Wikipedia