When it comes to typing on the keyboard does being left or right handed matter? Will being left-handed be forgotten now that we don’t write in long hand very often? I’ve even seen people who think writing long hand will one day become a forgotten/ lost skill.
My Mother is a leftie. Her Mother (my Grandmother) was born a leftie but had her hand smacked with a ruler at school until she wrote with her right hand. I was once married to a leftie too.
I write with my right hand but tend to eat with my left. Does that make me ambidextrous? I don’t think so, just a little backwards. But, I do think there is more to being left or right handed than which hand you hold your pen.
Left-Handers Day August 13th
- The European’s Lefthander Page
- LeftOvers: Canadian Lefthanders Page
- Facebook: Secret Society of Lefthanded People
- Flickr: Left Hand
- Flickr: Left Handed Society
- Flickr: United Lefties of Flickr
- Flickr: Left Handed Photographers
- Lefthand Siders
- The Left-Handed Page
- Anything Left Handed
- Left-Handed Portal
- Left-Handed Forum
- The Lefthanded Universe
- Wikipedia: Left-handedness
– Canadian shop selling for left handers and studying lefties since 1975.