- And surely one of the best rules in conversation is, never to say a thing which any of the company can reasonably wish had been left unsaid…
- Proper words in proper places, make the true definition of a style.
- Vision is the art of seeing things invisible.
- The power of fortune is confessed only by the miserable; for the happy impute all their success to prudence or merit.
- Although men are accused of not knowing their own weakness, yet perhaps as few know their own strength. It is in men as in soils, where sometimes there is a vein of gold, which the owner knows not of.
- May you live all the days of your life. – Jonathan Swift
All quotes from Jonathan Swift. My favourite is the last one. You can also read his satire,
A Modest Proposal.