Everyone hits a blank now and then. Don’t get impatient with yourself. Take a quick break, make yourself another coffee, start a load of laundry or walk around the block once or twice. Then come back and use one of these to give your post a fresh start:
- Use a statistic you find somewhere. Look for a surprising statistic, something unexpected or controversial.
- Share something from your personal experience. Work on your storytelling.
- Ask a question. The best questions are those which are sincere, something you really do want to know.
- Write a description. Don’t forget all the 6 senses: sight, sound, touch, smell and taste. Share your vision.
- Write a critique or review of something. Be honest and fair.
- Rant about something. Throw your passion into it.
- Use a metaphor, an analogy or a simile – remember your high school English classes and get clever.