Guest post from Canon. (Note, this is not a paid post, I was asked to post it but and decided I would after reading the content).
Five Things To Do With Your Digital Camera
With the compact size and portability, it’s great to be able to take your digital camera wherever you go. And while it’s always fun to take snaps of your friends, family and all the places you’ve travelled to, there are plenty of practical and fun ways to use your digital camera. Whether it’s a trusty DSLR or compact digital camera, here are 5 of the most practical uses for your digital camera that you may not have considered.
1. Log your inspiration – imitation is the highest form of flattery and when we’re out and about, we can often be hit with a moment of inspiration. Take note of tiles, wallpaper, kitchen sinks, bedroom carpets, bathroom layouts that you’ve seen for ideas for your own DIY home improvement project. Does your mate fancy herself a bit of a gourmet foodie? Re-create some of the best dishes by snapping some photos of each stage of preparation. Just be sure to give credit to the original chef!
2. Better to be safe than sorry – if you’re ever caught in a minor accident with another vehicle your camera can help get a physical record of the damage. That way when the other driver claims you knocked their front bumper off, you have evidence to the contrary.
3. Forget-me-not – bad memory? Let your camera do all the remembering for you. If you’ve recently hosted a big party, wedding or other event, take a photo of each gift along with the card that came with it. By the time you get around to writing thank- you notes, you’ll remember who gave which gift.
4. The photo diaries – keep creative photo journals over a long period of time. It’s as simple as snapping a shot of your neighbourhood skyline every day or following your best friend’s moustache-growing progress during ‘Movember’. Or document a child’s artwork and progress through class. With printers and video editing equipment, you can turn these images into unique time capsules or even a gift.
5. Work hard, study harder – If you’re on the way to give an important presentation or to sit an exam, use your compact digital camera to take photos of important pages of information to review them on the way. This saves you needing to carry all of your summary notes or and heavy textbooks around with you.
What do you do with your camera?
This article is brought to you by Canon Australia – 5 Things to do with your camera. For more great Canon SLR digital cameras and compact digital cameras, visit their website.