For the Thursday Thirteen: 13 Things I Like
1. Reading science fiction and the odd paranormal romance. Also reading fiction about web publishing and related topics.
2. Taking photos of abandoned farm houses or old buildings in general, the more fancy stone, iron and wood work the more I like them.
3. The way my hair looks when I brush it after a shampoo. It doesn’t look all that great if I get lazy and don’t brush it. Sadly, I get hair lazy quite often.
4. Having someone (preferably male) even sort of ask me out. Even sort of being asked out is nicer than the usual day of not being noticed and feeling like a big nobody.
5. Finding something really interesting and new (to me) in an area of arts. Especially if it is something I can do myself or find a way to adapt and do myself. DIY is great.
6. Being a grrl. Even if I am not into all the fashion and beauty which is like a female law (look at all those guys who want to be grrls, they seem to OD on it or is that really just a stereotype?) I am still a woman and I wouldn’t want to be a guy.
7. Rocks. I’m not sure what causes my fascination with stone, rocks, polished pebbles, etc but I can not see a photo of rocks and not stop and look. I have rocks collected which are somewhere around here in all the clutter.
8. I like not having a routine. Or, as little routine as I can get away with not having. I don’t like words like duty. My Grandmother loved words like that. She thought I was crazy, literally, not as a joke in any way.
9. Coffee when it’s lovely and smooth and not sweet. French vanilla and caramel lattes are really good. Gingerbread used to be good but was kind of yucky over the holidays this year. I think they tried to make it fit what they thought people wanted instead of just sticking with a good thing when they had it.
10. My eyes. Or would that be my eyeballs since you can’t really have one without the other. But I like my eyelids too, they fit nicely around my eyeballs and keep them from falling out. My eyes are blue. But not literally, I’m not a space alien.
11. I like holidays when we get paid to not go to work. But I like them for the spirit of being something special we can look forward to each year. It is kind of weird to think that the holidays will still be there, every year, even long after I’m not still here. Not that I’m making plans to not be here. I just didn’t get any guarantee otherwise.
12. I like blogging. Real personal blogging where it is just here for me to experiment with. I like that people read it and give opinions and feedback and ideas. Thank you to everyone who does read this and extra thanks for comments. I read them all and I do make some effort to visit in return and leave a comment so you know I was there. I’m not always successful at returning visits and I feel crushing (well not crushing entirely) guilt over it.
13. Dragons. I’m a wood dragon by Chinese astrology. It is the only “fantasy” (meaning fantastic and likely overly blown ego) creature in the zodiac. Kind of nice to be unique (among the masses of dragons) in some way. I don’t let it go to my head. Sure I don’t.